Peace of mind is not just in the “being;” It’s also in the “doing.”
Ask yourself the following questions:
- What makes me happy?
- What activities do I enjoy doing?
- Who are the people who make me laugh and enjoy life?
- Who are the people who bring out the best in me?
- What are three things I’m grateful for?
Then, have at it! Whatever it is, do more of it. It can be just as simple as being outdoors, in nature, and basking in some sunshine.
Whoever it is, be around them more! Fyi, texting isn’t enough. Face-to-face will have a greater impact on your mental health.
My peace of mind comes from finding the joy in everything. This takes practice of course! Joy isn’t easy to find when you’re currently experiencing anxiety and depression. I had to teach myself that for each bad thought, I’d replace it with a good thought. There is always a flipside.
How to achieve some peace of mind? Here’s my list!
- Incorporate consistent and healthy self-care habits.
- Go out and get some sun.
- Spend time in nature.
- Do something you love.
- Get some “me time.”
- Pamper yourself.
- Practice gratitude often and daily.
- Have fun with friends.
- Go on a road trip.
- Think only of good things.
This list is what works for me. It isn’t exhaustive nor exclusive. Personalize it to suit your own uniqueness. Only you would know what makes you happy.